A Service Calendar is a tailored calendar type created to simplify the scheduling process of service-based businesses. In this calendar type, users can create different services they offer, group them together by categories, and display all of them in one single scheduling link - the Service Menu.
These calendars seamlessly integrate with your staff's availability, allowing you to configure your team members, assign services to specific groups, set the service duration and accept payments from customers during the booking process.
Guide on How to Create a Service Calendar
How to Enable Service Calendars?
- Go to Calendar Settings.
- Click on "Preferences."
- Under "In-App Preferences," toggle the "Service Menu" option to turn it on.
- You will now see "Service Calendar" under "Create New Calendar"
Note: Only agency admins can access this setting
Step 1: Navigate to Calendar Settings and Input the Essentials
Start by logging in to your sub-account > Go to Calendars > Calendar Settings
Within the Calendars Tab, click "Create Calendar," then choose the "Service Calendar" option.
- Input the Essentials: Provide the necessary information for your service calendar such as:
- Calendar Name: Give your calendar a descriptive name.
- Calendar Description: Add a brief description to help users understand the purpose of the calendar.
- Staff Assignment and URL: Select the staff members who will be assigned to the service you're creating the calendar for. Additionally, define a calendar slug or URL that will determine the link to your calendar.
- Duration: Specify the duration of your service
Step 2: Service Details
Note: Service Logo will be visible only for the appointment widget of a single service calendar. For Service Menu / Groups, Service Cover Image should be used.
Link to Service Menu: If you intend to add this Service Calendar to your Service Menu (where all your services are showcased on one page), ensure you select a group for the calendar. Think of a group as a way to categorize similar services together. For example, you could create a group named "HAIR" and assign service calendars like "Hair Cut," "Hair Spa," and "Hair Coloring" to it.
Note: Service Calendars can be used in a Service Menu as well as in a Group
You can also customize your Appointment Invite Title. This is the title for the Calendar event that shows in Google Calendar, Outlook, Apple Calendar, etc
Event Color - Choose the event color that you would like to assign to this calendar. Remember, colors get synced to events in Google Calendars.
Step 3: Availability
- Appointment Duration: Set the length of each appointment.
- Post Buffer time: Add extra time after appointments for preparation or transition.
- Minimum Scheduling Notice: Set the required advance notice for appointment bookings, specifying how many hours or days before an appointment should the booking be closed.
- Date Range: Define how many days into the future appointments can be booked.
Note: The slot interval in the Service Calendar is set to 15 minutes by default and cannot be altered
Step 4: Forms & Payments
Forms - You have the flexibility to choose how you gather client information. You can either opt for the default form, which collects standard details like Name, Email, and Phone number, or create a custom form tailored to your specific needs. To use a custom form, create it in Sites > Forms > Builder, and then select it from the dropdown menu on the calendar. You can also:
- Toggle the consent checkbox on/off.
- Customize the consent message.
Note: Custom forms will only apply to bookings made directly on a Service Calendar. For bookings made through the Service Menu, default forms will be used.
Payments - If you want to accept payments for bookings, ensure that your payment gateway is integrated. Once set up, you can specify the payment amount and start collecting payments. It's important to note that payments are only applicable to the main attendee and not for guests.
Step 5: Notifications, Additional Options & Customizations
- Customizations - Service Cover Image: In this section, upload a service cover image that will be displayed in the service menu. This image will be visible in the Neo Group Widget.
- Customizations - Additional Notes: Anything entered here will be included in the Google invitation. Please ensure that "Allow Google Calendar to Send Invitations" is enabled from 'Notifications' settings for this feature to work.
Step 6: Rooms & Equipments
1. This calendar enables contacts to make bookings for multiple services for themselves or combine services for multiple participants (themselves and their guests).
2. The calendar operates with a default 15-minute slot interval, which ensures efficient scheduling. While this interval is fixed, you have the flexibility to add buffer times between appointments, giving your staff the time they need to prepare for the next client.
3. Crucially, the availability of the service calendar is directly linked to the schedules of the staff members assigned to it. Hence, there is no option to configure the Calendar Availability. The calendar will consider the availability of only it's assigned staff members. If a staff member is unavailable at a given time, the calendar will reflect this unavailability.
4. If you wish to display different services on a single scheduling link (The Service Menu), it is important to first create the desired groups, then create your service calendars and assign them to the respective groups, and finally create your Service Menu.